Friday 12 April 2013

Barbara's fresh in from New York a little jet lagged..

Barbara and I arrange to meet up on Tuesday . I collect Joel and on our way to Barbara's I get a flat tyre, its raining and I can't get the hub-cap off ! Waaaaah ! Fortunately a good friend rocks up and deals with it ...  so I phoned Barbara to let her know , she was jet-lagged having arrived back from New York and is blissfully unaware of the time , so still in bed ! Joel and I eventually make it over to her studio and they dither around for a bit trying to decide what to paint . It takes a while , in the end we get Joel to choose ! So cup first...




Joel chose this cup from Barbara's kitchen

Then the favourite milk jug ..
such a dear little jug !

It was quite hard going drawing on the canvas due to the uneven surface , then Barbara mixed up this lovely grey and completely lifted the picture...

The grey was a stroke of genius !

Jug is my favourite


mmm Joel chose a grater


Looking little bit Darlic  !

Barbara gets in there with the GREY !

Then they try to redefine with pencil ...


End up using black oil pastel



So even more Darlic / calculator !




I like them ...

Only 3 weeks before Exhibition ...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment